Saturday 4 September 2010

Laura Mercier's luscious lip silk


I bought this little tube in Sephora while in New York. I think it was $20 but I have seen it in Space NK for £16 (about £4 more, so yet again we are ripped off). Either way this is pricey for a tiny tube of lip balm however I so hate having dry, sore lips that I dont mind splashing out on an expensive product to save and use at bed time. This nice thick balm does the job even when used sparingly. It seemed to prevent a healing cold sore getting to the painful, bleeding stage which is a minor miracle. It doesnt have much scent or taste which personally I prefer. I thinks its comparable to my much beloved Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour lip treatment although that is possbly more hygienic and convenient as its a stick. I wonder what heights my expensive lip treatment habit will reach? Would I spend £32 on the By Terry Baume de Rose?

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, I always have a nosy at the Laura Mercier stuff in my local spaceNK but I've never splashed out on anything cos it's waaaay out of my price range :)

    But of course if this works brilliantly then I guess it would be better to pick up one of these balms instead of half a dozen cheaper ones that dont actually do what they say on the tin! ♥

    ReplyDelete